Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Snack Smart: Egg-cellent protein

Remember those commercials -- The incredible edible egg? This food is often slammed for cholesterol, but it has good fats as well as a complete protein with a full compliment of amino acids.

I am not advocating swallowing a half dozen raw eggs or anything, but a couple, hard boiled or scrambled, makes for an excellent small meal. Or add lots of spinach or fresh veggies to make an omelette. Be sure to skip the greasy butter.

Whenever possible, try to use organic or farm fresh eggs. From chickens not fed antibiotics or steroids. Here's what I collected from my gorgeous gals this morning. Perfect dinner for me and my two kids. And easy enough that even I can't screw up the cooking :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...