Friday, June 29, 2012

Some things are not a race

I was talking to an "anonymous" friend yesterday. She read my Fleshy Confessions post from a couple days ago. She informed me about this great product that would shed all 12 of those pounds in one week. All I had to do was starve myself and subsist only on a special "drink" (nameless on purpose).  

I told her, um, no.
Why? she asked. It's only a week. Anyone can do something for just a week.

I told her the same thing I'm gonna tell you, some things are not a race.  I don't have a big fluffy white dress I need to walk down the aisle in a week. Nor am I entering a swimsuit competition anytime soon. I have learned my lesson about losing weight way too fast. It plays hell with your skin, (think a deflated balloon in several prime locations), absolutely screws up your hormone and body chemistry, and is mostly water and waste weight anyway. And it comes back.

I'm in no hurry. I can afford to be smart and tweak my life to lose a pound a week instead of turning it upside to lose it all.

I'm going to impart a little nugget of wisdom, so pay attention: The only way to long-lasting weight loss success, is finding a lifestyle that you can keep. Everyday. Without wanting to shoot yourself.

1 comment:

  1. Using ingenious technology and innovation the Romans made an Empire that withstood the test of
    energy. Businesses are going to heavily depending on customers for his or her survival, without customers a small business would cease to exist.

    ll possess the practical guidance you will need on how to start a
    concierge business''.

    Also visit my site: http://www.pharmacie-meunier.fr/userinfo.php?uid=30431

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...