Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Snack Smart: Sugar Free and cranky

It's been 24 hours since I've had any contact with the love of my life... Sugar.

And I am not a happy camper. I'm grumpy and every brown thing I see reminds me of chocolate goodness. So what's the reason for my self imposed hell?

As of Monday my husband and I decided to be sugar free. He's diabetic and not doing so hot in the blood sugar levels. He decided to go on a strict diet to get it under control. So to be a good wifey I thought I would offer to join him in his saccharin exile. Stupid me.

I'm hoping this is just a phase. That after a few days I'll have more energy, and fewer headaches.

So I am asking you the reader, what are your sugar free snack smart tips? Will I survive?


1 comment:

  1. One of my kids is off sugar with me right now. She's having a harder time than I am, but it's a cranky-making prospect some days. We love smoothies, and we don't count fruit as sugar. So I have a bunch of fruit in the freezer, and a ton of canned fruit in the pantry. (Pineapple is canned in juice, and I recently found that mandarin oranges, peaches, and pears can be, too. Yay for case-lot sales!) Also Mountain High plain yoghurt adds some longer-lasting business to a smoothie. (It's not delicious on its own, but inside a smoothie, not bad.)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...